The recipients of ZAKAAT according to the Qur'aan are as follows "Zakaat (contributions of cash money, merchandise, animals etc.) are for the poor and the needy; and those who collect them; for those whose hearts are to be reconciled; and to free the captives and the debtors; and for the cause of Allah Ta'aala; and for the wayfarer; A duty ordained by Allah Ta'aala. Allah Ta'aala is Knowing, Wise." (Surah Taubah:60)
People who are poor and who possess more than their basic needs but do not possess wealth equal to Nisaab.
People who are destitute and extremely needy to the extent that they are forced to beg for their daily food ration.
Those persons who are appointed by an Islamic Head of State or Government to collect Zakaat. It is not necessary that this be a needy person.
MU ALLAFATUL QULOOB
Those persons that have recently accepted Islam and are in need of basic necessities who would benefit from encouragement by the Muslims which would help to strengthen their faith of Islam.
Those slaves that are permitted to work for remuneration and have an agreement from their masters to purchase their freedom on payment of fixed amounts.
Those persons that have a debt and do not possess any other wealth or goods with which they could repay that which they owe. It is conditional that this debt was not created for any un-Islamic or sinful purpose.
Those persons that have to carry out a Fardh deed which has become obligatory on them and subsequently (due to loss of wealth) are unable to comptete that Fardh. Important: A common misunderstanding about the term Fee Sabeelillah has misled many to believe that this includes all types of charitable deeds. The Commentaries of the Qur'aan and Ahaadith of Rasulullah do not support this view.
IBN US SABEEL
Those persons who are musaafirs (travellers in view of Shariat) and during the course of their journey do not possess basic necessities, though they are well to do at home. They could be given Zakaat in order to fulfill travel needs to return home.
All the above mentioned recipients excluding AI Aamileen must be those who do not possess the Nisaab.
1. It is not Jaa'iz (not permissible) in the Shariat to give Zakaat to a person who owns merchandise or wealth in excess of his needs to the value of Nisaab nor is it Jaa'iz for such a person to accept Zakaat.
2. A person that does not own an amount equal to the value of Nisaab is known as Faqir. This person could be given Zakaat and it is permissible for him to accept Zakaat.
3. A person owns wealth which in value exceeds the amount of Nisaab, but this wealth is not intended for business nor does he require it for his daily needs. Such a person is regarded as well to do and should not be given Zakaat.
4. The books of a scholar or tools of a tradesman are among his necessities irrespective of their value. Besides these if he does not own wealth equal to Nisaab he could be given Zakaat.
5. When giving Zakaat, Sadaqah etc. one's poor and needy relatives should be given preference. To avoid embarassing them it should be given to them without saying that it is Zakaat or Sadaqah.
6. There is great sawaab in giving Zakaat to poor persons who are striving in the way of the Deen or those who are engaged in religious knowledge, or to religious institutions where poor or needy students are being cared for. Care should be taken that only such institutions are given Zakaat where it is used according to the Shariah.
7. A child of a wealthy father cannot be given Zakaat. When such a child becomes mature in age and does not own wealth to the value of Nisaab, he may then be given Zakaat.
8. ZAKAAT CAN BE GIVEN TO :
a brother, sister, nephew, neice (brothers and sisters children), uncle, aunt (both paternal and maternal), step-grandfather, step-grandmother, father-in-law, mother-in-law , a wife to her husband, PROVIDED THEY DO NOT POSSESS NISAAB.
Give zakaat it compulsory on every muslim or muslimah whose wealth has reached the nisaab or exceed the nisaab.
One who lives without paying zakaat , Allah anger is upon such person and his wealth. Strive to give out your zakaat this month of bliss.
Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength
May Allah give those who have reached or exceed nisaab the taqwa to pay their zakaat .and bless those who have not reached nisaab by next year to be able to pay their zakaat as well.
For more specific information on Zakaat, please consult a Sheikh nearest to you.
Surayi yayamba ndi kufotokoza kuti zonse zakumwamba ndi zapansi pano zikulemekeza Chauta ndi kumuyeretsa ku mbiri zosayenerana ndi ulemerero Wake, ndi kuti lye ndiwopambana ndipo sapambanidwa; Wanzeru zakuya pa zochita Zake zonse.
Zina mwazisonyezo za mphamvu Zake ndi nzeru Zake zakuya, yafotokoza surayi pa kulangidwa kwa Bani Nadhiri amene adali ...